Stick Yoga for Healthy Joints and Total Body Fitness
Stick Yoga offers a multitude of movements and stretching possibilities. Incorporating the use of 4’, 5’, 6’ and 7’ rattan sticks, you blend your body positions with a staff which creates additional support, balance and leverage. It is adding this additional tool or prop, which is used like a third leg that can enhance greater ease of stretching in gravity.
“Stick Stretching aka Stick Yoga is my personal exercise program that I use to stay flexible, youthful and in great shape. As you learn more about Stick Stretching, you will discover how revolutionary this new way of stretching is and how it can assist you in transforming your current fitness routine and improve your overall health and well-being.”
Dr. Alison Deliman is a Certified Stick Yoga Instructor. Dr. Deliman received her training from Dr. Arthur Faygenholtz who is the founder and developer of Dynamic Pole & Stick Stretching (Stick Yoga), a revolutionary system for creating wellness & personal fitness. Stick Yoga is a hybrid, a gentle blend of traditional yoga poses, tai chi, soft martial arts and resistance training. It is Dr. Deliman’s passion and she hopes to inspire all of her students to live a higher quality of life with better health and to assist all to live up to their full potential.
This technology is gentle and dynamic in it’s application to maintaining healthy joints, spinal health, correcting body mechanics and over all fitness for all ages and levels!
- Prevents Sitting Disease
- Increases Fitness to Enhance Brain Function
- Improves Posture Alignment Allowing More Energy to Flow through the Body
- Reduces Stress in the Body & Improves Sleep
- Increases Flexibility, Coordination & Core Strength
- Aids in Fall Prevention through Balance Training
- Promotes Faster Recovery from Surgery & Injury
- Increases bone density
- Creates more alertness and integrates the right and left hemispheres of the brain–eye-hand coordination improves considerably
This type of physical training transfers new motor skills and efficiency of movement to normal daily activities